San Antonio Sex Crimes Lawyer
Defending Against Sex Crime Charges in Texas
When facing allegations of sex crimes in San Antonio, you need a dedicated and experienced legal team to protect your rights and provide you with the best defense possible. The Locke Law Group is a leading legal firm specializing in sex crimes defense. Our firm ensures that individuals accused of sex crimes receive fair representation and a chance for a just outcome. With a track record of success, we are here to help you navigate the complex legal terrain associated with sex crime charges.
Call The Locke Law Group today at (210) 361-3113 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our sex crimes attorney in San Antonio!
Common Types of Sex Crimes
Sex crimes encircle a wide range of offenses in Texas, each with unique legal elements. It's crucial to understand the various types of sex crimes you could be accused of:
- Sexual Assault: Defined as non-consensual sexual contact, sexual assault can range from unwanted touching to more severe forms of sexual violence.
- Indecent Exposure: This crime involves intentionally exposing one's genitals in public, causing alarm or offense to others.
- Child Pornography: Possession, distribution, or production of explicit material involving minors is a severe offense in Texas.
- Prostitution-Related Offenses: Engaging in prostitution or soliciting sexual services can result in criminal charges that affect your personal and professional life.
- Online Solicitation of a Minor: Using the internet to engage with a minor for sexual purposes is a serious crime.
What are the Penalties for Sex Crimes in Texas?
Penalties for sex crimes in Texas vary based on the type of offense and the specific circumstances surrounding the case. However, common penalties for sex crimes include:
- Imprisonment: Many sex crimes carry the possibility of significant jail or prison sentences. The imprisonment can range from a few months to several years or more, depending on the severity of the offense.
- Probation: In some cases, individuals convicted of sex crimes may receive probation as an alternative to incarceration. However, probation often comes with strict conditions and requirements.
- Registration as a Sex Offender: Convictions for certain sex crimes in Texas require registration as a sex offender, which can have long-lasting consequences, including difficulties finding employment and housing.
- Fines: Fines may be imposed in addition to other penalties, depending on the nature and severity of the sex crime.
- Civil Consequences: Convictions for sex crimes can result in civil lawsuits, which may lead to significant financial liabilities.
Defenses Against Sex Crime Charges
The Locke Law Group is dedicated to building strong defenses against sex crime charges. While the specific strategies we employ depend on the unique circumstances of your case, some common defenses include:
- Consent: If the alleged victim willingly engaged in sexual activity, this may be a valid defense in some cases.
- Lack of Evidence: If there is insufficient evidence to prove the charges beyond a reasonable doubt, we will work to highlight the weaknesses in the prosecution's case.
- False Accusations: Sex crime allegations are sometimes made out of anger, jealousy, or revenge. To build a strong defense, we will investigate the accuser's motivations and credibility.
- Police Misconduct: If law enforcement officers violate your rights during the investigation or arrest, we will seek to have any evidence obtained unlawfully suppressed.
- Alibi: If you can establish that you were not present at the location or time of the alleged offense, this may serve as a viable defense.
Contact Our San Antonio Sex Crimes Attorney Today
Facing sex crime charges in San Antonio is a serious and complex matter. The Locke Law Group is here to provide the legal representation you need to protect your rights and future. Our experienced team understands the nuances of sex crime cases and is dedicated to crafting a defense strategy tailored to your unique circumstances.
Contact The Locke Law Group today to schedule a consultation with our sex crimes lawyer in San Antonio!